I’ve got the latest version of WP installed(3.0.2) with the domains mapping plugin setup. I’m attempting to get another domain added to my network. Heres what I am doing:
1. Latest version of WP and MU domain mapping plugin installed with new sites as sub domains EG: http://myexample.example.com(Also have wildcard sub domain setup)
2. Create new site which is setup at http://myexample2.example.com
3. Everything works, I can navigate to that sub domain no problem, see wordpress going full steam
4. Forward my domain name servers to my root domain name servers
5. Setup the domain mapping plugin to associate site ID 2 with http://myexample2.example.com
6. Attempt to visit myexample2.com and am redirected to http://www.example.com/ not http://example2.example.com
Am I misunderstanding how multisite and the domain mapping is supposed to work? How do I get it setup so that when I visit example2.com I am forwarded to the subdomain site, not the root.
Thanks and regards,
- The topic ‘Addings new sites and routing parked domains’ is closed to new replies.