Hi! I am working on a portfolio website of art managment projects (such as festivals, theatre plays, ...). Each project is a Custom post type with quite long description of how the project went.
Instead of a long & boring description, I want to set up (for every CPT) a News section with Twitter-like updates on a project. Every update will consist just from a date and text content.
There is a few approaches I could think of:
- Custom fields with multiple values
- Create a custom field "News" with multiple values.
- For every update, create a new meta value.
That would be the best sollution for me. The problem is that there is no way to get the date of creating a meta value, is there?
- Using comments as news section
- Have a wp_query inside a post
- Create a CPT called "Project news."
- Create custom field called "Assign".
- Inside every project post, call wp_query of Project News. Arguments: 'meta_key'='assign'&'meta_value'=''.$slug-of-project.''
This sollution works, but it is a little overcomplicated, isn't it?
- Use a plugin/Widget - Any ideas?
I hope I was understandable enough. :) And, of course, I am welcome to any other suggestions!