hi all, im starting a rating website for a friend and was wondering if you guys can help me out. I am new to WordPress but so far I love it.
the site I am talking about is: http://www.RateItForMe.com
which plans to be a social network website similar to facebook/myspace but also a rating website. so basically the purpose would be to have friends and your social network website comment and rate your pics.
1) I am trying to add images to the top middle slide show for the Arras theme. I did a search and couldnt find an easy solution.
Can I add images through the admin profile? Is there a way where I can have users submit images and then my partner or I (admin) select the nice images and have the slide show link to those specific pages?
2) I added the login block but then theres a dashboard for the logged in users. Whats the purpose of the dashboard? Do you recommend it? How do I remove it?
* 3) I added the buddypress plugin to make the site a social network site. But is there a way I can have only your friends view your postings and listings? So im basically looking to build a site similar to facebook but focus on users posting images and only friends rating and commenting. Is this doable? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
4) any recommendations/suggestions/ feedback is always appreciated.
5) any excellent must-read posts on this forum for newbies? I need to finish this website very soon (within 1-2 weeks). :)