I was writing a post.
Clicked add image to add an already uploaded photo.
But the images won’t just attached to it.
After I wrote the post, I clicked Add Image.
Then, I searched for the photo and selected it.
I clicked INSERT INTO POST button—and it brought me back to the post but there’s no image there.
That’s what I’ve been doing until yesterday…
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of your current version of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
Oh, thank you.
I deactivated all of it.
I found out that the one that’s problematic is the WP Social SEO Booster! Of all plugins, it’s the SEO-related plugin! 🙂
Is there a way to fix this? Or should I just deactivate it forever?
Delete the plugin and look for another SEO plugin.
Sorry to hear that my plugin did cause these problems. I haven’t noticed anything like that before. I’ll check that again and will release an update for the plugin when I found the problem.
I just tested it again and I had no problem adding media to the post with WP Social SEO Booster installed.
I just tried to activate it and it really didn’t work.
I deactivated it and it worked. I tried again for the second time but had the same results.
sorry, I was too fast. I found the issue. When I first added an image to the meta box and then used the media uploader for the post, it didn’t work. I had to save the post before I could add the media.
Thanks for reporting. Will fix that.
Deactivated all plugins, re-set the theme, redid all folders and files to 755 permissions. cleared all the caches. including the phpadmin
Still cant add picture to post neither as upload or from media library nor from external url.
I also noticed that i can not switch between text and visual tab in the post edit mode. so overall cant use the blog anymore. I find it a bit weird that a standard upgrade would cause such a problem. would surely prefer to simply have back the normal image functions the way the where in the old way as clearly the new ways are just causing issues.
I did find away around the issue but it looks strange to me. If i turn OFF the visual Editor part under my admin user profile i can add the images to the posts and it works like normal.
This is the only way despite even manually upgrading the WP and having disabled all plugins.
- The topic ‘Adding Image Not Working’ is closed to new replies.