adding an image to sidebar
I need to add a picture on the left sidebar above the “contact us” box. That box is a widget that is generated. Where would I add an image in the code? I want the image on top of it, but not inside another widget, as it won’t look correct.
… without recognizing the specific theme …
What you want is possible but I suspect would require some more extensive code work than simply adding an <IMG> tag.
If I am seeing this correctly, the box above your “Contact Us” is also generated via a (Recent Posts) widget; and, both widgets appear to be in the same widget area. You may need to add a second widget area to place your “Contact Us” box in and then add an <IMG> tag between the two widget areas to accomplish what you are describing.
Here is a link to some information in the codex regarding multiple widget areas: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_sidebars
These edits can get very involved, remember to make a backup before starting.
You just need that the image must be located somewhere on the www network and you need the URL of the image.
1) Login to your dashboard.
2) Go to Appearance Widget.
3) Add ‘Text’ widget.
4) In widget bar, where Text widget is shown, select ‘Edit’ button.
5) Now, you need the URL of the image that you want to add to the sidebar. Type this html code in the edit are of text widget:
6) Click on change and then save.
7) This image will appear in the sidebar of your blog. But make sure that the dimension of image is not so large that it does not suit the blog.
To avoid this problem, you can do the following:
1) Upload an image of proper size when you are writing a new post on your blog.
2) In the upload box, you will find the field link URL. Copy this URL.
3) Now use this URL to add the sidebar.
Also check with this plugin:
- The topic ‘adding an image to sidebar’ is closed to new replies.