Presently having an issue with creating custom menu links on fresh domains with freshly installed versions of wordpress.
Can create a custom menu, but cannot add any custom links to the menu. After clicking the "add to menu" button, the icon just spins and nothing happens.
If the "automatically add pages" checkbox is selected, pages are added to the menu -- so that works.
Possibly worth noting:
I have a reseller account with my webhost. WordPress custom menus work fine when installed anywhere on that primary domain (zerodean.com) -- and I have 4 of them installed (and working fine) and another that I created as a test recently while troubleshooting this menu issue.
Custom menus do not work on any other domains created by that reseller account (including a domain created the same day that reseller account was activated on the webhost) -- so it doesn't appear to be time related.
This is with a clean install of wordpress (installed both manually and through fantastico) with no plugins activated on a freshly created domain account.
What I've tried:
- Have tried this on 4 separate domains, plus the working reseller domain
- Different browsers (IE / chrome)
- Clearing my browser cache
- Rebooting (I've been troubleshooting this for 4+ days)
- Installing via Fantastico
- Installing manually
- No plugins activated
- Tried with default theme and other themes
- I installed the "WordPress Menu Exporter" plugin. Then I exported menus/links from a working site and imported them to a non-working site. They imported just fine. I figured I could just edit the imported custom menu links and hit save... but saving doesn't work (nothing happens).
- File & directory permissions appear the same on the non-working sites as they do on the working one (as best as I can tell)
Could this be a webhost issue? -- And if so, any clues on the cause or how to fix it?