WordPress : 3.3.1.
Thesis : 1.8
This is about the "Add Media" pop up window being blank, and it seems to be a problem which has a lot of people stumped. A solution has been sought several times in this and other forums, but I've never seen a definitive solution offered.
THE PROBLEM: Logged in as an administrator, go to Pages, select an existing page for editing, click on the Uploads/Insert icon/link just above the Editing toolbar, and the media window opens up with the title bar "Add Media". But that's all -- apart from the title bar, it's just a blank window with a white background. None of the options for inserting a media file that should appear in that window.
Searching round the web reveals many people on both Mac and Windows platforms having the same problem, trying all sorts of things, and getting the same results: i.e. no solution.
THINGS I'VE TRIED:
* Deactivate all plug-ins -- no difference.
* Changed to basic WordPress theme "Twenty Eleven" v.1.3 -- no difference.
* Uninstalled latest Adobe Flash Player v.188.8.131.52 -- no difference.
* Installed earlier version Adobe Flash Player v.10.3 -- no difference.
* Upgraded again to latest Adobe Flash Player v.184.108.40.206 -- no difference.
I think changing the theme proves its not theme related, so Thesis isn't at fault. And it's clearly not plug-in related. This seems to be a straight WordPress problem.
The question is: what could make this happen?