Thank you @AITpro, we appreciate your support and help with clarifying the change with WP v3.5. We're not blaming WP, if our plugin is conflicting with another plugin/theme, and the error has potential to conflict with several similar plugins or Themes, we of course want to fix it.
It's difficult for us to pinpoint exactly what it is that's causing this error unless we hear back from users more than "it's not working" or "fix it". We need sufficient information about your environment. i.e.:
- What theme you are using
- What plugins you have installed
- What version of WordPress are you running
- Is the problem resolved when all plugins are deactivated?
- Is the problem resolved when you switch to WP Default Theme (while all plugins are deactivated) ?
- Who is your hosting provider?
- Is your hosting account running the most current up to date version of PHP & MySQL?
- Please detail the steps you take to see this error.
We would still love to hear from you all whether or not the beta has been of any help in resolving this issue for you. Please download and follow the instructions as outlined in our blog post: found here.
*** If the issue persists, with the beta installed, even with all plugins deactivated and your theme (temp.) switched to WP Default, please submit your test results w/ temp. login credentials to your site, through this contact form on our site. The message will go straight to our developers to look into further.
Thanks everyone! The more feedback we receive, the better it helps us to find a solution!