After downloading and activating Custom Post View Generator I noticed that the core "read more" behavior of my posts was suddenly not working. Basically large/lengthy posts that contained a "<!--more-->" tag were suddenly displaying the full content of the post on the front page of the website rather than only displaying the "fragment" that I had specified in the post.
I did some research, and even went so far as to make a few suggested changes to the_loop that people suggested to get the desired behavior, but nothing worked.
After walking backwards through the steps that I had done recently I realized that I had installed this plugin, so I deactivated the plugin (left it installed), and suddenly the "Read More" functionality started working again.
I reactivated the plugin (didn't even bother configuring it) and the "Read More" stuff was broken again.
I like the plugin, but I don't like the side effect that it has on the site.
You can see the problem on the frontpage at http://norsesoccer.kwstk.com.
Looking for a correction. Not sure what the plugin is doing, but it is having a very undesirable effect.