Please reference this screenshot for mentions below: https://teambox.com/d/dc0acf001e22a01f
So I’m trying to make my WordPress install on WAMP (“Put Online”) available to members of our design team, so they can see the process of development. The screenshot contains the following information:
– first screen is wp-config.php in C:\wamp\www\wp
– second screen is my hosts file
– third screen is showing successful access to WAMP server from host machine using preview.com
– fourth screen is showing database connection error accessed from host machine using preview.com/wp
I am able to access preview.com/wp from another computer on the LAN, but I receive the same database connection error. I know for a fact that this is accessing WordPress on my WAMP install, but obviously I’m having difficulty connecting to the DB.
What do i need to do? MySQL is using default setup (I don’t recall making any changes to it): username root with password *blank*. What am i missing?
Please help. Any instruction or direction is greatly appreciated!
- The topic ‘Access WordPress on WAMP from LAN’ is closed to new replies.