About BuddyDrive 1.1 upgrade
I’ve just published the 1.1 upgrade to the plugin. It introduces these features :
- Slugs and names are now fully customizable to help you make BuddyDrive your very own file sharing system *
- Administrator now have a finer control of user's BuddyDrive quota : it can be different by WordPress roles and by users
- From the WordPress administration, Administrator can be informed about each user's BuddyDrive usage thanks to a new column in the users list
- The Administrator can auto-enable BuddyDrive for groups once their creation steps are completed
- Finally it fixes a bug with the hidden groups, It's now possible to share files in this kind of groups
* You can change the name of the plugin’s main nav by editing the title of its WordPress directory page.
!important Although I do not recommend to edit the plugin’s slug (from the permalink field of the plugin’s WordPress page), I know some adventurers will do 😉 Be aware that customizing the slug of the plugin will result in :
- the wpembed code used in activities, messages, etc will be broken leaving the place to obsolete links to the files or folders that were shared before the change of slug.
- links sent by email or other external ways to the blog, will be obsoletes
Concerning links, a function will check the original plugin slug to possibly redirect to the custom slug and avoid a 404. Be careful though because this only works once! If you change the slug 2 times, activities, messages, etc.. shared with the slug of the first change can not be recovered.
Regarding wpembed codes scattered activities or messages, it is possible to repair by performing SQL queries as shown below.
/* For activities (replace wp_ by your prefix) */ UPDATE wp_bp_activity SET content = REPLACE( content, 'http://site.url/buddydrive/', 'http://site.url/new-slug/' ); /* For messages (replace wp_ by your prefix) */ UPDATE wp_bp_messages_messages SET message = REPLACE( message, 'http://site.url/buddydrive/', 'http://site.url/new-slug/' );
You can use the built in WordPress plugin updater if you were already using BuddyDrive. If you’re new to it you can use the built in WordPress plugin installer to install the plugin or directly download it from the plugin’s repo page.
- The topic ‘About BuddyDrive 1.1 upgrade’ is closed to new replies.