Somehow the modern book of answers (google) failed me for the very first time, i will come back to why in a sec.
It first started with an opportunity given to me, some guys needed help with their wordpress site.
Sure I make websites in wordpress and know some basic html & css but nothing too advanced but OK i said! no problemos.
Ususally, your own problem has already been someone else problem before it was a problem for you. (i thought)
So .. I’ll google it!
After some intense research a friend calls me and I’ll decide to ask my friend for a solution.
I tell him:
I got this really complex problem. I need different domains on each post category for my blog!:S
He tells me:
– LOL thats really easy! You just go to permalinks and pick a name for each category! xD
…. ehm. -.-
– I have one primary domain (w~w.awsomeblog.com)
– and 3 more domains. (w~w.superman.com) (w~w.batman.com) (w~w.peter-griffin.com)
– One wordpress installation (newest).
– 3 post-categories containing articles (posts)
– Pretty permalinks
I use the blog for writing superman, batman and peter-griffin articles ,
(as 3 post-categories)
But I wanna make use of my domains
(w~w.superman.com) (w~w.batman.com) (w~w.peter-griffin.com)
w~w.superman.com/article instead of w~w.awsomeblog.com/superman/article etc etc
Having domains for each category, working prettylinks and NOT using multisite, I told my friend.
Beacuse when I did my google research the resluts get mixed up with setup multisites with different domains – in my case there is a single WP installation (not multisite).
My friends answer: GL HF
SO MY QUESTION TO YOU:
I did understand I could make use of .htacess and I also read some about redrict / rewrite but its not really clear.
1. What solution fits my problem? (i need to keep pretty permalinks)
2. How to point the other domains? if I have the domains at same hosting company as WP install
3. How to point the other domains? if I have domains at other regstar.
I am very muchos grande appreciated for your very assistance in this matter!
PS: sorry to dissapoint but im not really writing a superman blog.
- The topic ‘A very complex or simple?: One WordPress with many domains’ is closed to new replies.