Long ago I used Lucky Orange on our website and it worked great. A few years ago we canceled the service.
In August I reactivated Lucky Orange with the 7-day trial and it worked great. At the end of the week I added my credit card and it stopped working. When I logged into my account, it said the trial had expired. I didn’t pay attention and noticed months later that Lucky Orange was billing my account $24/month.
“We have no account in that name and don’t have a $24 options their customer service people told me. I gave them all of the possible email addresses. It took multiple emails over several weeks before they discovered that, inexplicably, the funds were credited to an account under a former employee’s email address, one I’d never logged in with. They reversed the final $24 charge but it took another email for them to refund the full amount they had charged me. (The only good part of this tragic tale.)
Now, I can’t get the plugin to work. I tried logging on and activating it with my existing account. That didn’t work (it kept sending me to Lucky Orange classic). I deleted/reinstalled the plugin and created a new account with a different email address. I copied in the code Lucky Orange gave me, and it didn’t work.
I contacted customer support. Correction: I tried to contact customer support using the support icon in the dashboard. It did nothing (as another reviewer mentioned).
I’ve deleted my account and am researching alternatives to this disaster of a service.
- The topic ‘A useless plugin that does not connect to their service (and worse!)’ is closed to new replies.