I have been using it for quite some time and it does the job very well. It is a great tool it saves a lot of time but it needs a few more features to become excellent. For example:
- There is no multisite support. Any changes must be done on every site (and I have 35). At least I can export and import the Blocks but still, a centralized management would be preferred.
- Documentation says that Posts field supports CPT’s but this is not the case. It only supports either Posts or Pages. And those two can not be combined. It would have been nice to work with both Posts and Pages (and CPT), like the Link field of WordPress.
- Checkboxes can not be grouped, for a nicer backend layout
- No 33% column width option
- No custom text/html can be added without a field. We might want to give instructions to our users or divide/group fields in the backend with titles/subtitles etc.
- Pasting in Number fields is not possible. Gutenberg gets the pasted number and creates it as a paragraph block, outside of the custom Block. I am using text fields for numbers just to be able to paste id’s.
- Duplicating Blocks keeps them connected. This might have some use, but it would be better if duplicating blocks would create an identical but stand alone block.
I know the team is working on future updates and I would be happy to reconsider my rating when time comes. Keep up the good work!
- The topic ‘A nice tool for quick but simple Blocks’ is closed to new replies.