Hey guys, firstly, great plugin, exactly what i need (hopefully). I’ve been testing the plugin on a demo site to check whether it works before putting it onto my main site, and i had a few issues / comments which i thought i’d share. I’m hoping they’re not down to my ignorance, but they could well be and so apologies in advance if i’ve missed something.
By way of context, my main aim with this is to ensure that when pages of my business website appear in google, they have the overall customer star rating associated with the search result, and so i’ve been testing with the google rich snippets tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
the site is at http://www.conflabs.co.uk and here are the test results:
home page: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fconflabs.co.uk&html=
customer feedback page: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fconflabs.co.uk%2Fcustomer-feedback%2F&html=
here are the issues i’ve found:
1. aggregate ratings were not showing for the home page of the site in google rich snippets testing tool, despite my setting being ‘business’ so i decided to use a sidebar widget to show recent reviews.
2. couldn’t get the shortcodes to work in a widget, had to echo shortcode in theme, not an issue for me but might be for others?
3. setting snippet=”0″ should surely turn the snippet off in the shortcode? it doesn’t
4. using the google rich snippet tool, am seeing vote field and count field and showing zero warning message for the home page
5. despite there being two reviews in the sidebar, only the latest review is showing in the rich snippet result: Rating: 5 – Review by jonny bigballs – Jan 7, 2013
6. despite settings to the contrary, the hcard div is set to hidden on the home page. will need to edit the css to override that
I hope this is helpful and that you can provide a solution to 4 and 5 for me!
- The topic ‘A few google rich snippet issues’ is closed to new replies.