Another wonderful plugin from ulfben. Thanks!
I have tried a good number of lightbox plugins and this one stands out. I can’t be exhaustive, but this one stays.
It ‘really’ works on mobile devices! Scales in both portrait and landscape mode. I have tested it on iPhone 4 and Samsung tab 7. And it works on desktop, of course!
It is clever enough to display the ‘right’ photos within the context. How do you do that?! When in excerpt view, say there is one photo, it displays that one only. When in full post view, say there are more photos, it has all those photos in the queue. It ‘almost’ works with WordPress gallery, although it will include all photos in the post (not just those in the gallery; some are repeated).
A few features that I am still looking for, I wonder if they can be achieved through this plugin?
1. Say I have only one photo inserted in the post, but I want the lightbox to queue all ‘attached’ photos. I don’t like the clutter of having gallery, neither have I found a slideshow plugin that suit my taste. So, this feature will become handy.
2. The ability to do slideshow. Similar to above, but automatically go through the photos/slides. I know it will be asking too much to have the scrolling thumbnails below.
3. I have read in another post the request to group photos into gallery. I believe the author is working on it. Will it be possible for this plugin to work with WordPress gallery, i.e. gallery can be used to ‘group’ photos?
4. At the moment, the ‘next’ icon appears when the mouse hover over the image. On mobile devices, there’s no hover. So, users will have to ‘know’ to just touch the right side of the photo to advance to next photo. After then, the next icon is seen. Will it be possible to make the ‘next’ icon appears by itself when it is on mobile devices (i.e. no hover ability)?
5. I have read in another post asking about using the lightbox for non image content. If this plugin can do that, then it will be the ONLY plugin I need for lightboxing. Well, it is the only lightbox plugin I keep at the moment. But I am getting itchy to try lightboxing other content, e.g. another webpage, video.
I know I am asking too much. Even at current state, it is a wonderful lightbox plugin. Thanks again!
- The topic ‘A few features thoughts, e.g. detect attached photos’ is closed to new replies.