I'm trying to build a site that can do the following:
- Let registered members post free classifieds
- Let premium registered members post paid classifieds
- Allow registered members to create/maintain a profile
- Display most recent classifieds on homepage PLUS have additional content to intro community and concept (a normal homepage with the addition of most recent classifieds)
- Have static pages for basic reference content, about us, etc
I'm using a self-hosted version of wordpress (in root and not multisite mode) and I've installed and uninstalled BBPress(plugin) a few times because I can't seem to get the page setup I want. I've also tried Yet Another Classifieds Plugin. Is this the right combo? Is there a better combo? What's the best configuration? How do I make what seems like a simple site to me in theory work in practice?
Thanks in advance for your help.