Support » Plugin: WordPress Email Marketing Plugin - WP Email Capture » 91 unconfimed e-mail addresses, in 2 days, only 1 confirmed.

• Resolved jasonhommel

(@jasonhommel)

I am using WP Email Capture Plugin Version 3.7.1
    on WordPress 5.2.2

The problem is I have 91 unconfimed e-mail addresses, in 2 days.

Two people have notified me that they are not receiving the confirmation email. However, I received the confirmation email when I first tested it a few days ago.

However, I also don’t receive the confirmation email anymore.

Also, when I click the “Export List” button, nothing visible happens. I did find a file from WP Email Capture in my download folder, but it only lists my one email address from me, that I was able to double opt in. Where are the 91 other emails?

More importantly, why do I only have 1 confirmed opt in. And why are people not getting any confirmation email?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Rhys Wynne

(@rhyswynne)

Hi Jason,

There’s a lot to pick apart from this.

My guess regarding the opt in is your emails are being blocked or put into spam. This is quite common on some setups, there’s a few things you can do to combat this.

The first thing is use a deliverability service to deliver your email. I’ve produced a guide on how to do so here using a free service called Mailgun – https://www.wpemailcapture.com/2018/01/use-wp-email-capture-mailgun/. Also check that the email is from a reputable source – things like noreply@ as an email address or putting your email as a @gmail address when you’re not sending emails through gmail.

You have only got one confirmed email so the plugin has produced an export without the unconfirmed emails. Emails are not exported until they’re confirmed. This is to prevent abuse from unscrupulous marketers. Hope that clarifies things.

Hi Wynne.

I checked a few things. First, While I’m new to wordpress and plugins, I’m a very very experienced email marketer, doing this since 2002. I have 56,000 emails on my list. I’m restarting my website and list after a 2+ year break. This is why I had 91 email attempted signups.

To say that all 90 are blocked via spam filters is probably not correct. I tried to signup again, and there is nothing in my spam filter, in both emails I tried to signup from.

It is likely that your plugin somehow broke, or that I did not set it up right, or I changed a setting that broke it, or my website / wordpress integration broke somehow.

Regardless, I noted you had about 7000 downloads. Other companies have 300,000 to millions. I went with another company, and theirs works flawlessly after a half hour of setup, no configuration on my part needed.

Finally, I know programmers like to program, so that they don’t have to deal with people. Unfortunately, nearly all programs have users, called people, such as myself. I don’t mean to be a bother, I’m trying to help.

I understand you think double opt in helps protect people from bad marketers. This is not the case. Marketers want double opt in to protect themselves from bad people who may submit bad emails to my list. You accidentally insinuated that your program protects the 91 people who tried to subscribe to me, from me, as I might be an unscrupulous marketer. That is a weak understanding of the problem.

Who is to protect me from an unscrupulous programmer like yourself, who won’t let me access the 91 people who tried to subscribe, but can’t due to some glitch you or I have not been able to figure out. Food for thought. Thanks for trying. I hope this feedback helps you better understand the problems, how to correct them, and how to communicate about them to your other users. Good luck.

Don’t worry. With 56,000 subscribers, I’m sure most of the 91 are already on my lists anyway. Other users might not be so understanding.

Plugin Author Rhys Wynne

(@rhyswynne)

Marking as resolved.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.