Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I’ve since stopped using the plugin. All I wanted was simple category and author tracking (along with general stats). Two additions to the generic code from Google themselves and I’ve got it working. Can’t believe I’d have to pay $70 something a year just to get that same thing coupled with this long series of errors and hiccups.

Hi Jan,

You can always put google analytics code to your theme file, if you are familiar and can handle it during update your theme.

Thread Starter Jan

(@januwago)

I’ve since stopped using the plugin. All I wanted was simple category and author tracking (along with general stats). Two additions to the generic code from Google themselves and I’ve got it working. Can’t believe I’d have to pay $70 something a year just to get that same thing coupled with this long series of errors and hiccups.

+1 this is ridiculous

@jan, I can understand your frustration, but we update our plugins often with your best interest in mind, as you can read here.

Thread Starter Jan

(@januwago)

@ Taco, good luck with your plugin but I just delete it.
    It takes only 2 minuts to put the analytics code in de header.php.

Indeed 9 updates of which three didn’t work for me. This plugin is getting too complex. The support is good, but i don’t want so many updates. Not even if it is my best interest…

Personally I dont like bloated plugins, prefer really simple, but I m sure there are thousands or maybe milions of satisfied users who prefer something more robust.

Often update its the best what you can get. It means how Taco mentioned, less bugs and also it shows that developer continue work on plugin and its updated.
    Nothing worst that use something and did not hear from developer – update few months.

Don’t forget that these often updates are for your better experience and better function of plugin.

I really appreciate every active developer, bc. nothing worse than dying plugin what you like.

We agree. Instead of asking for enhancements of added features, we want LESS.

We do not need “Coming soon: dashboards!” . Google Analytics has a fine dashboard. If you want to put a dashboard inside WordPress for some reason, PLEASE make it a separate plugin.

This is getting too bloated and flakey.

And if the developers do not listen, can anyone suggest a simple working plugin to replace this?

Thread Starter Jan

(@januwago)

Just place the code in the header.php
    or read this
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/installing-google-analytics-5?replies=19

Thanks Jan, but since we specialize in analytics and wordpress. We already know how to hardcode it and indeed have done it many times. For some of our clients, that solution is fine.

For others we need an interface that is visible within the admin, which is why we asked can anyone suggest a simple working plugin to replace this? We would prefer a simple, stable, well maintained plugin in the wp.org repository.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘9 updates only in december’ is closed to new replies.