Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » 9.0.1 update is broken

• Resolved Spac3Rat

(@spac3rat)

I updated the plugin to 9.0.1 and not only the Yoast box in the posts is empty, it breaks JavaScript, preventing me of doing other operations.

On the Chrome console, the culprit seems to be the following:

ht TypeError: Cannot read property 'shortlinker' of undefined
    at i (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:13)
    at r (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:13)
    at new e (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:1)
    at new $ (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:13)
    at F.initializeSEOAssessor (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:13)
    at F.initializeAssessors (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:13)
    at new F (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/analysis-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:13)
    at HTMLDocument.C (.../plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/wp-seo-post-scraper-901.min.js?ver=9.0.1:1)
    at i (load-scripts.php:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php:2)
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author Taco Verdonschot

(@tacoverdo)

Thanks for your report @spac3rat.
    Is it possible that this is a theme or plugin conflict?

Spac3Rat

(@spac3rat)

I haven’t changed anything on the theme or plugins during the past year so, while possible, I find it odd.

Yoast was the only plugin that I updated today and this started to happen after that update.

Spac3Rat

(@spac3rat)

@marcanor, not wanting to look like a moron but I will not do that, sorry. I have a ton of plugins installed and some of them don’t work well after being deactivated.

I rather deactivate Yoast instead at the moment.

Plugin Support marcanor

(@marcanor)

Hi @spac3rat, using the Health Check plugin will let you deactivate/activate plugins and themes on your site without affecting site functionality in any way.

@jakobuz we see you are using the Premium version of the plugin. Can you please contact us through the Premium Support helpdesk with more details so that we can provide further assistance? You can find more information on how to contact us here: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/support/#premium

Spac3Rat

(@spac3rat)

@marcanor seems like it’s an incompatibility with the Delightful Downloads plugin.

Jakobuz

(@jakobuz)

@spac3rat you nailed it! thanks Spacrat!

Plugin Support marcanor

(@marcanor)

Hi @spac3rat, thanks for getting back to us with more information! We’ve received a similar report via Twitter for a conflict with this plugin. Unfortunately, we see that this plugin has not been updated in two years. For security reasons, we would recommend that you find an alternative plugin since it’s not safe to run a plugin that’s not properly maintained.

Spac3Rat

(@spac3rat)

@marcanor thanks. I will have to keep using it for some time as I can’t just replace it quickly. I’ll have to edit dozens of posts.

Moderator Jan Dembowski

(@jdembowski)

Brute Squad and Volunteer Moderator

@jakobuz we see you are using the Premium version of the plugin. Can you please contact us through the Premium Support helpdesk with more details so that we can provide further assistance? You can find more information on how to contact us here: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/support/#premium

For pro or commercial product support please contact the author directly on their site. This includes any pre-sales topics as well.

As the author is aware, commercial products are not supported in these forums. I am sure they will have no problem supporting you there.

For everyone else: If you need support then per the forum guidelines please start your own topic.

https://wordpress.org/support/guidelines/#post-in-the-best-place

You can do so here.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordpress-seo/#new-post

Plugin Support devnihil

(@devnihil)

@spac3rat We are going ahead and marking this issue as resolved. If you require any further assistance please create a new issue.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.