WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » :8888 port being added to url after site is live

:8888 port being added to url after site is live

  • Hi,

    I’ve got a tricky problem here. Everything I’ve searched for on this leads me to issues involving local sites. I did design a site locally, then transfered it to a live setup, but had so many problems with the wp-config.php file that I finally deleted the database and all wp files on my server to start over with a fresh wp install.

    One problem I had before starting fresh was that when I pointed the browser to the url, http://www.bespokeberlin.co.uk, it automatically added :8888 to the end. So it shows up like this: http://bespokeberlin.co.uk:8888/

    I thought deleting everything and starting anew would solve it, but, alas, it hasn’t. The internal pages are working fine. (See: http://bespokeberlin.co.uk/how-it-works-tenants-2/ and any of the links except for Home)

    I did a search in the database, but :8888 and 8888 turn up nothing. I’ve run across a few people posting about this problem on some websites, but no answers on how to fix it.

    Oh, I also took a look at the .htaccess file, but didn’t see anything there mentioning the 8888 port.

    Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Help would be very much appreciated!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Moderator Jan Dembowski

    @jdembowski

    Brute Squad and Volunteer Moderator

    Looks like it’s not doing it now. Have you tried clearing you browser’s cache?

    I just visited your site and I’m not getting any redirection to port 8888.

    OMG. doh.

    That’s brilliant, Jan.

    Stupid cache…

    Moderator Jan Dembowski

    @jdembowski

    Brute Squad and Volunteer Moderator

    Not a problem, glad it was an easy one to sort out. 😀

    Hi this might be a little late but I just had the same problem.
    Solution that worked for me was quite simple. Using find & replace search for 8888 and replace 8888 one at a time with the desired URL.
    There will only be a few that need to be changed. It’s seemed that the find & replace function skipped a few plugins associated to the database.
    Hope this helps good luck.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘:8888 port being added to url after site is live’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar