• Resolved denisedesign

(@denisedesign)

I’ve exported my wordpress.com blog and imported it into my wordpress.org website’s blog. I’ve done this process twice, as the first time, my most recent posts were not imported. On the second try, the results just listed “already exists” on all content. The newer posts were still not imported. They are not in my “posts” in the dashboard. I don’t post often so the last post that it imported was from 2016. 8 posts since then were not imported. Were they even exported? Help! Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

I suggest you to check Trash under Posts > All Posts

Thread Starter denisedesign

(@denisedesign)

Hi! Thanks for the links but they all lead to some basics about how to do, what I did. I’ve been building websites in wordpress for clients for more than 10 years, so this is’t the first time I’ve done this. It’s just the first time that posts went missing. I did look in trash and drafts. The 8 posts from 2016 forward are nowhere to be found. They are also not in the list of posts imported the first or second time. They are most certainly part of the wordpress.com website that I did the export from.

(@denisedesign)

I’m trying to find a reason why those posts are not exporting/importing. I’m looking for something they have in common. There are also a few posts in my wordpress.com blog that I pulled over from posting elsewhere and backdated the published date. Those are missing as well. They were brought in after the date of the last post that imported successfully, but were changed to a date that was before the last post that imported successfully. It seems related to when the posts were created, rather than the actual published date.

Another strange thing that’s happening in my wordpress.org self hosted blog is that the post counts per category are off. The category for posts is accounted for in the posts view, the categories were transfered over, but the post count in each category is 0 in many cases where there are quite a few posts in that category.

I reinstalled wordpress and nothing changed. I’m going to delete all posts and start the process over, again.

(@denisedesign)

Deleted everything. PHP version change and viola, all posts and media uploaded! Thanks for your help, again.

Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

Glad to know it 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘8 of my most recent posts missing on import’ is closed to new replies.