Support » Plugin: MonsterInsights - Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress (Website Stats Made Easy) » 7.12.0 Causes SiteOrigin Pagebuilder and Widget Bundle to Malfunction

• Resolved cpcusteve

(@cpcusteve)

After upgrading Google Analytics from 7.11.0 to 7.12.0, the Siteorigin Pagebuilder and Widget Collection do not work correctly in several different ways – for instance, the interface looks different, the widget spacing cannot be changed and the text on the button widget cannot be changed. Rolling back the Google Analytics version to 7.11.0 fixes the problem. I believe there is some sort of incompatibility introduced by 7.12.0.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can you check your browser console to see if it is causing JavaScript errors on your “Add New Post” page? The latest version includes a new Headline Analyzer in the Gutenberg editor that is causing JavaScript errors on the “Add New Post” page when using the Jupiter theme’s Jupiter Donut plugin and either the Revolution Slider or NexGEN Gallery plugins are also enabled on a site.

Uncaught TypeError: (intermediate value).setHSpace is not a function
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._create (iris.min.js?ver=1.0.7:5)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>.h.isFunction.a.<computed> [as _create] (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._createWidget (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at new h.<computed>.<computed> (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.h.fn.<computed> [as iris] (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._create (color-picker.min.js?ver=5.4.2:2)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>.h.isFunction.a.<computed> [as _create] (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)

Thread Starter cpcusteve

(@cpcusteve)

Hi Robert

With 7.12.0, get a Javascript error when I access the SiteOrigin page builder to edit a page which is more or less identical to yours, see below. With 7.11.0, I get no errors.

iris.min.js?ver=1.0.7:5 Uncaught TypeError: (intermediate value).setHSpace is not a function
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._create (iris.min.js?ver=1.0.7:5)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._createWidget (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at new h.<computed>.<computed> (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.4.2:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.4.2:2)
    at a.fn.init.h.fn.<computed> [as iris] (widget.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at h.<computed>.<computed>._create (color-picker.min.js?ver=5.4.2:2)

Yes, that’s the same error. It’s caused by the Headline Analyzer that they added to the Gutenberg editor. You may be able to get around it temporarily until they patch the error by disabling Gutenberg using the Classic Editor plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/

Thread Starter cpcusteve

(@cpcusteve)

Thanks for the advice, but it’s probably easier for me just to rollback to 7.11.0 for the time being until there’s a fix. These things are sent to try us!!

Plugin Author chriscct7

(@chriscct7)

Hi folks,
    We’re looking into it but we won’t have a fix until next week

In the meantime a simple way to work around the issue is to disable the headline analyzer via our MonsterInsights settings panel there’s a toggle in the Publisher tab.

We’ve got a version of the headline analyzer live on our site that you can use in the meantime (we originally intended this as a solution to builders like Divi which didn’t support the headline Analyzer yet): https://www.monsterinsights.com/headline-analyzer/

We don’t recommend reverting versions to 7.11 as the new version also contains some important compatibility updates for WordPress 5.5 which will be released soon.

-Chris

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by chriscct7.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by chriscct7.
    Thread Starter cpcusteve

(@cpcusteve)

Hi Chris

I tried it, but I’m afraid disabling the Headline Analyser doesn’t make any difference for me, I still get the problem. So I’ll stick with 7.11.0 for now. Like the analyser on your website, though, lots of potential there!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by cpcusteve.
    Plugin Author chriscct7

(@chriscct7)

That’s really odd. We don’t enqueue scripts if it’s off. I’ll have someone look into that as well.

> Like the analyser on your website, though, lots of potential there!

Thanks! We built it and have been using it internally for some time now and we thought it’d be useful to help our users get more traffic so we cleaned it up, made it more user friendly, and made the styling better. We’re planning on adding some updates to it to give it some more analysis power and things like that which you can look forward to in future updates 🙂

Plugin Author chriscct7

(@chriscct7)

Hey folks,
    As an update a release has been issued to address this issue

-Chris

I just updated to 7.12.2 and the issue with the Jupiter theme and WPbakery Page Builder was resolved. Thank you!

Thread Starter cpcusteve

(@cpcusteve)

Also checked with Pageorigin Page Builder and Widgets and now working. Great service guys, am now exploring the Headline Analyser……

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘7.12.0 Causes SiteOrigin Pagebuilder and Widget Bundle to Malfunction’ is closed to new replies.