Support » Plugin: Wordfence Security - Firewall & Malware Scan » 7.1.5 update crashes site

• Resolved My247restore

(@my247restore)

Hello there,

after updating from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5 it crashes my site giving following the message:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘wfWAFStorageFileConfigException’ with message ‘Error reading Wordfence Firewall config data, configuration file could be corrupted or inaccessible. Path: /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/wflogs/config.php’ in /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php:539 Stack trace: #0 /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(476): wfWAFStorageFile->fetchConfigData() #1 /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/utils.php(844): wfWAFStorageFile->getConfig(‘avoid_php_input’, false) #2 /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/request.php(265): wfWAFUtils::rawPOSTBody() #3 /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/waf/bootstrap.php(28): wfWAFRequest::createFromGlobals(Object(wfWAFWordPressRequest)) #4 /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ in /home/e3zm1bf5un51/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php on line 539

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Ed Holtzman

(@edholtzman)

Same here. 7.1.5 took down my network of over 30+ client sites. All 500 server error after updating.
    Thank god for backups

jcorff-indital

(@jcorff-indital)

Had my site crash after the latest update as well. Trying to locate the issue.

trehesten

(@trehesten)

same here.. Had to manually deactivate plugin to get site up again

jcorff-indital

(@jcorff-indital)

Rolling back to a previous version of Wordfence does not seem to work.

anant01

(@anant01)

Please take off this version as most sites are going to automatic updates….

TwinRiversNet

(@twinriversnet)

Don’t crash all my sites!!! Please remove this update!!!!

pennink

(@pennink)

Exactly the same here. Time to retire the 7.1.5 update if it’s breaking sites.

jcorff-indital

(@jcorff-indital)

Ok, I was able to use a server side restore to get back to version 7.1.4 and am stable. Anyone know what is causing the error?

NinieR

(@ninier)

Thanks for doing something quickly before the automatic updates …

ljoyceg

(@ljoyceg)

Broke all the sites on my multisite too. I manually moved the wordfence folder out of the plugins folder, and the sites are working again.

My247restore

(@my247restore)

Deleted 7.1.5 file

For now I just manually reinstalled 7.1.4 via FTP

can download it at the bottom here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/advanced/

Will await fix for newer

samwwjd

(@samwwjd)

I am exceedingly angry at this plugin for being CRAPPY and taking down a site I don’t have FTP access to.

VERY ANGRY

yolabingo

(@yolabingo)

It looks like they just released 7.1.6 – I assume/hope it addresses this issue.

Plugin Author WFMattR

(@wfmattr)

Hi all,

The 7.1.6 release should prevent the issue on sites that have this error message.

It occurs if your firewall configuration files in wp-content/wflogs/ cannot be read when the firewall loads. Normally, the plugin would only show a message on the Firewall page about being unable to read the files, but a recent change involved reading this data earlier. Sorry for the trouble.

Even if installing 7.1.6 fixes the issue for your site, you should check the wp-content/wflogs/ directory (config.php in particular), to see if the permissions are incorrect, or if the files are owned by a different user — the firewall may not be fully working on your site in that case. (If you need help doing that part, please make a separate forum post, using the form at the bottom of the Wordfence support forum here: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordfence/ , per wordpress.org forum rules, and to make sure that your post doesn’t get mixed in while troubleshooting someone else’s.)

-Matt R

yolabingo

(@yolabingo)

Thanks for timely update @wfmattr

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘7.1.5 update crashes site’ is closed to new replies.