• Resolved rustybulb

(@rustybulb)

Hi, I activated Akismet on one of my blogs but I got confused about the API key. Does one key do for all my blogs? I have a lot of blogs.

Anyway, I have comments set to be filtered, and I usually have about 16 or something, so I go in and manually check each one, then delete.

But I left one blog for a few months and now there are 604 spam comments and it’s going to take me ages to just select them.

So what I’m asking is (despite the antispam plugins you can get): Can wordpress make a Select All button like in Gmail, to make deleting spam easier please?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

Does one key do for all my blogs?

Yes, that will be fine.

Can wordpress make a Select All button like in Gmail, to make deleting spam easier please?

Just click the “Empty Spam” button.

Thread Starter rustybulb

(@rustybulb)

Thank you Macmanx, but I have to put 604 comments into the spam to begin with, don’t I?

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

Yes, you do have to mark the comments as spam (thus placing them in the spam section) before emptying the spam. The “Check for Spam” button may help.

I’m hoping these 604 comments were before you added Akismet as Akismet should have placed them all into the Spam section.

But, you should have a check box on the top next to Author that will select everything on the page at once. This will at least let you move a whole page of comments at once to spam using the Bulk Actions drop-down.

Thread Starter rustybulb

(@rustybulb)

Thank you both, yes it was before I put in the API code for Akismet.

And the “Check for Spam” button did put them all in the spam folder as well.

Brilliant – thanks a lot!

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

You’re welcome!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘604 Spam Comments. Why no Select All Button?’ is closed to new replies.