Support » Plugin: Slideshow » 6 seconds 'till first slide appears

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Author Stefan Boonstra

(@stefanboonstra)

Hi Irene,

A reason why the slideshow on one website loads slower then the slideshow on the other, could be that the images on one website are bigger than the images on the other.

I see that ocre-groep.nl has a load size of 13.7 KiloBytes, while ocre-offshore.com has a load size of 22.6 KiloBytes.

Ocre-offshore.com is also showing a JavaScript error. The slideshow needs to wait while it tries to get around the error before it shows. The error seems to be caused by the JetPack plugin’s Gravatar module. Disabling it should solve the problem.

Best regards,
    Stefan

Hi there – I am working on a site here:
    http://174.37.55.98/~skintast/raa/

that is doing the exact same thing. We don’t have JetPack installed but they are using other plugins. I assume there is some sort of conflict there – ? can you confirm or do you see something else that might be causing this delay of the initial image starting?

Thanks so much in advance,
    Kari

I am also seeing the same 6 second delay before the slide show begins. I have disabled the Garvatar module in JetPack, with no affect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David.

http://quailrunphoto.com

Kari; did you get any feed back on this issue?

I am still waiting for an answer.

David

Hi – no, I didn’t – I went to another slideshow. 🙂

Y’all are blessed by God to have only a six second delay. I’m at 12 secs to 25 secs on one of my sites.

Maybe I’m cursed : )

Hi Stefan,

same problem here, why does it load so slowly?

even better

how do I make it faster??

PS: to Kari: are you using another slideshow now, is it any better?

I got an update to my theme from the developer and the slide show now appears immediately, and the slide show starts moving after 6 seconds. At least the customer sees something on the screen first thing.

No sure what the developer did so I can’t be much help, sorry.

David

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘6 seconds 'till first slide appears’ is closed to new replies.