• Resolved Nate

(@goseongguy)

Hello,

I have been using this plugin well over the last couple years, but the update today appears to have caused some problems.
    Going to Appearance->Widgets takes me to a broken page, totally unstyled. I cannot configure the Facebook widget anymore, and it appears to revert to its defaults.

Does everyone else have the same issue?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Milap

(@milap)

Hello @goseongguy,

I had to do some changes in plugin code due to latest WordPress updates and PHP version 8.

Below are the few steps you can follow to make it work.

1. Delete existing widget, take a backup of your configurations.
    2. Update plugin version.
    3. Go to widgets and add it again, it should work fine.
    4. If it still doesn’t work, inactive and delete existing plugin, install it again and you should be good to go.

Kindly let me know if it works for you. I would be happy to help if it doesn’t.

Regards, Milap

Thread Starter Nate

(@goseongguy)

Hi Milap,

Thank you for your reply. I deactivated and deleted the plugin. Then I reinstalled it, but the issue is the same. (I assume it is ok that I kept the plugin’s shortcodes on my site when I deleted the plugin and then re-installed it.)
    I found that if I change my PHP version to 7.4, then the WordPress Appearance->Widgets page successfully loads, but I still can’t add the Facebook widget. When I go to PHP 8.0, then the widget page is broken.

The plugin still appears to work on the frontend (both PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0) because I am using shortcodes. But I do hope the issue can be fixed, because I cannot write the shortcode sometimes unless I can see the options in the widget block (especially as you just added a new parameter for the block in v6.2).

I am not sure I want to restore my entire site to an earlier backup just to test if the plugin version 6.1 allows me to load the Widgets page with PHP 8.0.

But I can say with plugin version 6.2, the Widgets page loads with PHP 7.4, but the Widgets page does not work for me with plugin version 6.2 and PHP 8.0.

Here is a snippet of wp-admin logs:

[12-Feb-2023 22:12:52 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-pagelike-widget/fb_class.php on line 151
    [12-Feb-2023 22:20:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, string given in /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-pagelike-widget/fb_class.php:151
    Stack trace: 0 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-pagelike-widget/fb_class.php(151): in_array('timeline', 'timeline') 1 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-widget.php(535): facebook_widget->form(Array) 2 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/widgets.php(2049): WP_Widget->form_callback(Array) 3 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-widgets-controller.php(701): wp_render_widget_control('fbw_id-2') 4 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-widgets-controller.php(154): WP_REST_Widgets_Controller->prepare_item_for_response(Array, Object(WP_REST_Request)) 5 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/class-wp-rest-server.php(1171): WP_REST_Widgets_Controller->get_items(Object(WP_REST_Request)) 6 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/class-wp-rest-server.php(1018): WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request(Object(WP_REST_Request), '/wp/v2/widgets', Array, NULL) 7 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php(535): WP_REST_Server->dispatch(Object(WP_REST_Request)) 8 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php(2884): rest_do_request(Object(WP_REST_Request)) 9 [internal function]: rest_preload_api_request(Array, '/wp/v2/widgets?…') 10 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-includes/block-editor.php(638): array_reduce(Array, 'rest_preload_ap…', Array) 11 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-admin/widgets-form-blocks.php(26): block_editor_rest_api_preload(Array, Object(WP_Block_Editor_Context)) 12 /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-admin/widgets.php(32): require('/home4/goseongg…') 13 {main} thrown in /home4/goseongg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-pagelike-widget/fb_class.php on line 151

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Nate.
    Plugin Author Milap

(@milap)

Hi @goseongguy,

Thank you for sharing warning with me. I have just fixed it for PHP 8 and it should work well for previous PHP versions as well. Please update plugin and try to delete it, and add widget again.

Please let me know what happens.

Best Regards, Milap

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘6.2 Update breaks the plugin’ is closed to new replies.