• Resolved rosbiffer

(@rosbiffer)

I upgraded to WP 6.1 at the same time as installing some plugin updates, and after that all pages just show a 404 error. Admin pages work fine. I have restored to before updating plugins and just updating to 6.1, same problem. I have tried enabling troubleshooting mode, still a 404 on every page. I presume this points to some server issue?

I’ve tried resaving permalinks, resetting htaccess, all with no luck. Everything works absolutely fine until I upgrade to 6.1.

There are very few errors in the phperror log, just these:

[03-Nov-2022 17:41:26 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0
    [03-Nov-2022 17:41:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0
    [03-Nov-2022 17:56:20 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [03-Nov-2022 17:59:49 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [03-Nov-2022 18:39:04 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [03-Nov-2022 19:19:51 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [04-Nov-2022 01:00:29 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [04-Nov-2022 01:26:24 UTC] Cron reschedule event error for hook: wpsc_cron_one_minute, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":"wpsc_1min","args":[],"interval":60}
    [04-Nov-2022 02:01:34 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [04-Nov-2022 03:27:09 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [04-Nov-2022 03:27:11 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [04-Nov-2022 03:27:13 UTC] Cron unschedule event error for hook: twicedaily, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":false,"args":"clean_user_online_status"}
    [04-Nov-2022 08:21:44 UTC] Cron reschedule event error for hook: wpsc_cron_five_minute, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":"wpsc_5min","args":[],"interval":300}
    [04-Nov-2022 10:19:35 UTC] Cron reschedule event error for hook: action_scheduler_run_queue, Error code: could_not_set, Error message: The cron event list could not be saved., Data: {"schedule":"every_minute","args":["WP Cron"],"interval":60}
    [04-Nov-2022 11:35:52 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0
    [04-Nov-2022 11:37:31 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0
    [04-Nov-2022 11:41:41 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profilegrid-user-profiles-groups-and-communities-profilegrid-user-profile-status/public/partials/view-status-popup.php on line 35
    [04-Nov-2022 11:43:20 UTC] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profilegrid-user-profiles-groups-and-communities-profilegrid-user-profile-status/public/partials/view-status-popup.php on line 35
    [04-Nov-2022 11:43:37 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0
    [04-Nov-2022 12:21:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function has() on null in /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php:1268
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php(1303): _load_textdomain_just_in_time('all-in-one-wp-s...')
    #1 /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php(187): get_translations_for_domain('all-in-one-wp-s...')
    #2 /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php(299): translate('Two Factor Auth...', 'all-in-one-wp-s...')
    #3 /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-two-factor-login.php(34): __('Two Factor Auth...', 'all-in-one-wp-s...')
    #4 /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/classes/wp-security-two-factor-login.php(158): AIO_WP_Security_Simba_Two_Factor_Authentication_Plugin->__construct()
    #5 /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/ in /home/customer/www/pilotstogether.org/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php on line 1268

Any ideas?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Your page is normally viewable for me, also every subpage is working. Have you solved this yet?

By the way, the error messages are mostly from different plugins: all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall, profilegrid-user-profiles-groups-and-communities-profilegrid-user-profile-status … if the messages keep coming, update the plugins for now. If it still occurs after that, contact the support of the plugins.

Thread Starter rosbiffer

(@rosbiffer)

I’ve had to revert back to 6.0.3 – as soon as I try 6.1 I just get 404 on every single page

Did you try to clear the cache of or disable the Siteground Optimized-plugin?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/sg-cachepress/

Thread Starter rosbiffer

(@rosbiffer)

Not specifically, but even in troubleshooting mode the same thing happens – so default theme and no plugins

Thread Starter rosbiffer

(@rosbiffer)

Tracked it down to the Smart Custom 404 error page [404page] plugin. The author posted an update yesterday and it now works fine. Thank you

Hello @rosbiffer, @threadi my name is carlos and I would really appreciate your help. I am having the same issue, update to wordpress 6.1 and now all pages except the main are giving 404 error. Unfortunatly I don´t know even close as you guys of IT (I have just created a free non profite site). My site is swapmyvan.com

The problem I have is that I can not reverse to the previous wordpress version, since every time I do it, the people from the hosting automatically update it to the 6.1 (I restore the backup, works fine, then they update to 6.1, everything down again) I am trying they to stop updating but they say they can´t I they need me to migrate to another kinf¡d of self maintained hosting service, but when I tell them to do it, they are not able for some reason. I have been waiting for -it support for 3 days already… it is driving me crazy.

To sum up: I do not have this plug in “Smart Custom 404 error page [404page] plugin”, can you think somehow you could help me track down what is causing the problem?? All of my plugins are updated.

Any help really really appreciated, thank you very much.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘6.1 update causes 404 error on every page’ is closed to new replies.