Support » Plugin: AMP for WP - Accelerated Mobile Pages » 504 Error on AMP pages after 0.9.68 update

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Ahmed Kaludi

(@ahmedkaludi)

Hi @dogacankanat

That’s extremly strange. We havne’t seen this behavior so far from other users.

The PHP error from the log you mentioned doesn’t seem like it’s coming from AMPforWP.

I tried opening all the sites and it seems like some load on Mysql side for sure, but IF it is happening due to our plugin, then it’s a BIG matter of our concern and we will make sure that it gets fixed.

I have two recommendations:
    1. Did you recently installed some other plugins?
    2. Is there any bot or hacker that is trying to make the server busy and make it runout of MYSQL connections? Try to check apache logs to make sure.

I’ll do my best to help you.

Regards,
    Ahmed

dogacankanat

(@dogacankanat)

Hello @ahmedkaludi,

I have done some more investigation and found out that 504 error only generated when there is a comment in the post. If post doesn’t have any comments, AMP pages are working properly. So it doesn’t have any connection with domain etc. In all domains its same.
    If post has a comment, AMP page returns 504 error.

If needed I can provide you login details and you can check it closer. Just enough if you provide me your email address.

Regarding your questions:
    1- Nope I haven’t installed/update any plugin recently.
    2- No bot, no hacker etc. Its clean.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    DYK

dogacankanat

(@dogacankanat)

Hello,

I have found the exact reason.
    In AMP settings, under Comments tab if I switch off “WordPress Comments”
    (Enable/Disable WordPress comments using this switch.) AMP pages loads correctly. Not generating 504 error. But of course READ COMMENTS button is not visible anymore.

Any idea what can be the issue?

Regards,
    DYK

Plugin Author Ahmed Kaludi

(@ahmedkaludi)

Hi @dogacankanat

So the WordPress comments may be causing alot of pressure on the database? Maybe, that might be the reason. But I have to investigate properly.

Would you like to help us fix this? If so, Can you setup a staging on that same server so that our development team can troubleshoot and fix this issue.

If you want to display comments button but not the commnets list, then you can request the feature at https://github.com/ahmedkaludi/accelerated-mobile-pages/issues and we will include it soon

Regards,
    Ahmed

dogacankanat

(@dogacankanat)

Hello @ahmedkaludi,

I have maybe 1 or 2 comments under posts. And before updating to latest AMP version, everything was working fine. Seems like something in the new update causes 504 error regarding comments.

Regards,
    DYK

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘504 Error on AMP pages after 0.9.68 update’ is closed to new replies.