Support » Plugin: MailChimp Forms by Optin Cat - Grow Your MailChimp List » 504 Error Gateway Time-Out

• Resolved texaselectricityexaminer

(@texaselectricityexaminer)

Hi,

I just downloading this plugin to my website.

When I try to create a new optin form I get a 504 Error Gateway Time-Out message:
    https://www.texaselectricityexaminer.com/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=easy-opt-ins

I talked to my web hosting provider and by looking at the error log it looks like it’s timing out for some reason: “Timeout waiting for output from CGI script”

They increased the time limit from 120 to 300 seconds, but it’s still generating the error message.

Would this error message be an issue or conflict with the plugin and my web hosting server?

This is the first time I get this message in any of the plugins I have.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Plugin Author fatcatapps

(@fatcatapps)

Hello There,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry we could not assist sooner.

We have not seen this before, nor have we ever received a similar complaint from customers. That means this is a unique issue caused by something unique to your site.

In these cases the most likely culprit is a conflict with another plugin or your theme. We will need to do some troubleshooting to see if that is the case and isolate the conflicting software.

To search for conflicts, please follow these steps.

1. First please deactivate all plugins except MailChimp Forms for Optin Cat and see if the issue persists.
    2. If the issue is resolved, reactivate your plugins one by one, testing after each to see if the issue returns.
    3. If no conflict is found among your plugins, try reverting to a default WP theme like ‘Twenty Sixteen’, or ‘Twenty Seventeen’, and see if the issue is resolved.

Head here for detailed instructions:
    https://fatcatapps.com/knowledge-base/search-for-conflicts/

Let us know your results in detail and we will go from there. Thanks.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘504 Error Gateway Time-Out’ is closed to new replies.