Title: 503 error when scanning pages
Last modified: September 12, 2026

---

# 503 error when scanning pages

 *  Resolved [Susan Sullivan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/suesullivan/)
 * (@suesullivan)
 * [2 weeks, 6 days ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/503-error-when-scanning-pages/)
 * so apparently my site has not been able to complete a malware scan for 2 years.
   I have things auto enabled. I have had suspicious activity and tried yesterday
   and today to run the malware scan. it stops when it is checking pages and I get
   a 503 error and to contact technical support.
 * I have this running on all my sites. No clue why just this one is having an issue.
 * The page I need help with: _[[log in](https://login.wordpress.org/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwordpress.org%2Fsupport%2Ftopic%2F503-error-when-scanning-pages%2F%3Foutput_format%3Dmd&locale=en_US)
   to see the link]_

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

 *  Plugin Support [dimitrycleantalk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/dimitrycleantalk/)
 * (@dimitrycleantalk)
 * [2 weeks, 6 days ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/503-error-when-scanning-pages/#post-19018471)
 * Hello [@suesullivan](https://wordpress.org/support/users/suesullivan/),
 * Most likely, there is malware on your website that is interfering with our plugin.
   We have received your email and I have replied to you there in more detail. Let’s
   continue our conversation there, since further discussion may require private
   details.
 *  Plugin Support [sergecleantalk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergecleantalk/)
 * (@sergecleantalk)
 * [2 weeks, 1 day ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/503-error-when-scanning-pages/#post-19022153)
 * Hello.
   We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so I’m going to mark this
   topic as “resolved”.If you have any further questions, you can start a new topic
   or contact us via our private Ticket System: [https://cleantalk.org/my/support/open](https://cleantalk.org/my/support/open).

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be [logged in](https://login.wordpress.org/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwordpress.org%2Fsupport%2Ftopic%2F503-error-when-scanning-pages%2F%3Foutput_format%3Dmd&locale=en_US)
to reply to this topic.

 * ![](https://ps.w.org/security-malware-firewall/assets/icon-256x256.gif?rev=3518712)
 * [Security Plugin, Firewall & Malware Scanner with Auto Removal](https://wordpress.org/plugins/security-malware-firewall/)
 * [Frequently Asked Questions](https://wordpress.org/plugins/security-malware-firewall/#faq)
 * [Support Threads](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/security-malware-firewall/)
 * [Active Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/security-malware-firewall/active/)
 * [Unresolved Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/security-malware-firewall/unresolved/)
 * [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/security-malware-firewall/reviews/)

 * 2 replies
 * 3 participants
 * Last reply from: [sergecleantalk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/sergecleantalk/)
 * Last activity: [2 weeks, 1 day ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/503-error-when-scanning-pages/#post-19022153)
 * Status: resolved