• I keep getting 503 and 500 errors on my page and cant’ log in or find satsifactory answers to my questions, what is going on? Somebody help please.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ask your hosting company how to access the server error logs – which should give you some more info about what’s going on.

Thread Starter tmhughes

(@tmhughes)

I;ve been in contact with them and they say that nothing is wrong on their end.

So nothing at all shows up in the logs? That would be pretty unusual with those errors showing up.

You can start standard troubleshooting by manually deactivating all plugins by renaming the plugins folder on the server – to something like pluginsHOLD

If that doesn’t fix it, leave them off and rename your currently active theme folder – to force WP to use a default theme.

See if that changes anything.

If not, enable debugging –
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Thread Starter tmhughes

(@tmhughes)

They said nothing was wrong, I wouldn’t know what to look for and the most recent log I can find is for 2 days ago.

I’m going to try to rename the folder now, I’ll be in touch.

You really do need access to the logs and your hosting company should be able to give you access to them even if they are in the root I would insist that you get this as a 500 error message win your browser tells you nothing.

Learning to read the log files in conjunction with switching to debug mode on your site is invaluable.

Thread Starter tmhughes

(@tmhughes)

Ive got the logs, but like I said the most recent one is from Thursday.

I’m reading about debug now, do I need to do that in WordPress or on my server account at GoDaddy? I can’t even access my log in page for the website/wordpress.

Thread Starter tmhughes

(@tmhughes)

Ok, I got the log for yesterday, what might I be looking for?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘503 and 500 errors’ is closed to new replies.