WordPress.org

Forums

502 Proxy Error on "Publish" or "Save" (6 posts)

1. safensane
    Posted 10 years ago #

Hi,

I just upgraded to the newest version of WordPress and all seemed to go well. But when I hit "publish" or "save" or even "save and continue editing" I always get the following error message:

'Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request POST http://hyip-informer.com/blog/wp-admin/post.php.

The posts DO post though. I just have to hit "back" and then "view site" and everything looks fine from there. I just don't understand why the error message.

Reason: Error reading from remote server'

I don't believe this to be a specific version error. I got the same error prior to the upgrade.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this and what the fix could be?

Thanks in advance.

2. maerk
    Posted 10 years ago #

Not sure, maybe ask your hosts to see if they can help at all.

3. safensane
    Posted 10 years ago #

Hi Maerk,

So, are you saying you think it's a host problem rather than a wordpress issue?

I use Comcast Digital Broadband and haven't had any similar problems that I can recall. I often use a proxy server (anonymizer) ... but the error is there regardless of whether I use a proxy or not. It's consistent. Although for a period of time yesterday I was receiving a 404 error ... page not found. Really strange. Yet, my posts DO publish.

Thanks again for your help.

If anyone else can take a look and let me know if they have any difficulty, the blog is at http://HYIP-Informer.com/blog/

Thanks.

4. safensane
    Posted 10 years ago #

Okay,

I'm having this problem AGAIN!

I did a new installation and just imported my previous data. Everything worked fine for about a week. Now I'm getting the error again.

So it can't be a host problem. I haven't changed hosts nor isps.

Is ANYONE having this problem?

Thanks.

5. envyglalalam
    Posted 9 years ago #

I have the same problem. Either this happens or my blog doesn't load at all. The other sections of my site does not have this problem though.

6. spencerp
    Posted 9 years ago #

I'm not a professional on these things, but maybe this will shed some light on things.. props to GamerZ for the link.. ;)

spencerp

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic