Support » Plugin: Jetpack - WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth » 500 status code for “POST /sites/117264700/publicize-connections/new”

• Resolved remcorhee

(@remcorhee)

500 error. Increased memory already. Running PHP 7.1 WP 4.9.1. Can not connect Facebook and Twitter (didnt try other options, need those 2 for now).

Hope you can help!

Best regards,

Remco

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Stef

(@erania-pinnera)

Hello Remco,

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the trouble!
    I ran your site on our debugger tool and I can see a different error from my end.

Can you disconnect Jetpack, then temporarily deactivate your other plugins, and try to connect again? 
    You can disconnect by clicking on the Jetpack link in your site’s Dashboard, then scroll down to find the Connections area. Click the “Manage site connection” link where your site is listed. Then, click the red Disconnect button.

Then once the other plugins are disabled, reconnect clicking the blue button that says “Connect Jetpack”. 

Let us know how that goes, and we’ll be here to help out if you’re still having issues. 

We ran our debugger tool again. The site connection looks good and we see both Twitter and Facebook connected via Publicize.

If you’re still seeing an issue, please deactivate, delete, and re-install the Jetpack plugin. Then, try reconnecting it to WordPress.com.

Afterwards, if the problem persists, let us know. We can take the next troubleshooting step, once we get more feedback.

@rcwp73

Could you please start your own thread, as per the Forum Welcome?
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/jetpack#new-post

Thank you!

Plugin Author Jeremy Herve

(@jeherve)

Jetpack Mechanic 🚀

@erunder @manon86 I’m afraid I can’t help you without knowing your site’s URL.

Can you please use Jetpack’s Debugger module to send us some more information about your sites?

1. Go to the Jetpack page in your dashboard.
    2. Click on the Debug link appearing at the bottom of the page.
    3. Click the link that says “click here to contact Jetpack support.”
    4. Fill in the description box and your name and email address.
    5. Click the “Contact Support” button to send us the debug results privately. It’s best not to post this information on public forums, as it contains private details about your site.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘500 status code for “POST /sites/117264700/publicize-connections/new”’ is closed to new replies.