Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Geoffrey Shilling

(@geoffreyshilling)

Volunteer Moderator

Thread Starter samtheblog

(@samtheblog)

– I added this:
    define(‘WP_HOME’,’http://samtheblog.com’);
    define(‘WP_SITEURL’,’http://samtheblog.com’);
    but with my website to the wp-config.php to make sure URL is correct
    – I can delete the .htaccess file and just create a new one but that didn’t work. When I downloaded wordpress it didn’t come with one so I just copy and pasted this in a file I named .htaccess:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

– Tried reinstalling a few times
    – Tried editing the PHP memory limit in config as well

None of this worked 🙁

Thread Starter samtheblog

(@samtheblog)

Called my host and they fixed it!

Same this is happening to me, I am going to try calling my host to fix, thanks for the tip.

just running into this through google. And you can try and edit a great many things, but before you do? Check your error logs in your hosting backend (for example Cpanel). Usually shows what exactly what the problem is, so you can solve it accordingly instead of throwing random solutions at it 😉

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Earnie Rhyker.

I just had the same problem when transferring a site from a development server to its production server. In my case, the production server turned out to be running an old version of PHP, specifically PHP 5.2. I set that to PHP 5.6, and everything immediately started working. Hope this helps someone!

Thank you David! I contacted my website host who updated PHP to 5.6 and I could again access the WP log in page.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by drbobw10.

I just want to thank rhyker2u for his comment:

Check your error logs in your hosting backend (for example Cpanel). Usually shows what exactly what the problem is, so you can solve it accordingly instead of throwing random solutions at it

I checked mine for this, and found 108 identical errors on the day that I had this 500 problem after trying to login as admin.

One plugin was mentioned in all 108 errors, [search-and-replace] in my case. I deleted the plugin, and everything was fixed.

A note on my monitor for the future [Check Error Log first] !!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error – wp-login’ is closed to new replies.