• Blog is working fine and visible on net and upto yesterday everything was fine. Logged into today to view blog comments and have 8 spam comments (not using a spam plug in, just the comment blacklist that is within the admin dashboard). When I try to click on ‘spam’ button to view all spam comments I get a 500 internal server error?

I’ve switched off all plug ins and still had no luck, all files/folders have permissions set at either 644 or 755. Not altered hataccess file for around a month or two so cannot be that!

Still using version 3.1 as tried to go to 3.2.1 about a fortnight ago and had trouble installing, so left updating till I’ve got a bit more time.

Any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Try re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress 3.1.

I’d also strongly recommend upgrading to 3.2.1 asap. The worst thing you can do, security-wise, is to stay a couple of versions behind.

Thread Starter chipofftheoldblock

(@chipofftheoldblock)

Yeah I know, just had a bit of trouble with it and not enough time to sort it! Will look at it tonight.

Regarding sorting my problem out, If I do a complete (and successful!) update install will that sort my problem out

or should I sort problem out first then update?

It would be better to sort the problem out first, if you can.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘500 internal server error when trying to view spam comments’ is closed to new replies.