• Resolved wpman

(@photoman6300)

Hi,

I have your plugin installed on a WP site, on a linux server.
    Everytime I try to scan to prepare the package, I get this message:
    “500 -Internal Server Error”

My server use PHP 5.6.18.

Looking at the diagnostic, the only thing that got my attention, is that “max_execution_time” is showing 0, which is wrong because it is set to 60 on my server.
    That is confirmed looking at Tools -> PHP info:
    Local value is 0 for max_execution_time, and 60 as master value.
    Here is a link to a screenshot:
    http://pieces-a-conviction.com/duplicator.png

In fact, I think this could be it but I’m not sure, and otherwise, do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hey Photoman6300,

If max_execution_time is set to 0 then that normally means there is no restriction being enforced. How large is your site and database?

Cheers~

Thread Starter wpman

(@photoman6300)

Not that big ! My website is 350 Mb and the database is 5 Mb.
    FYI, I manually moved my site on another server, and Duplicator works perfectly.
    I also talked to my host provider, and they told me to push max_execution_time to 120, which I did, but I still get this error.
    As I moved manually my site, I don’t really need to solve that problem anymore, but if you want to explore the problem, that might be interesting for me to know the reason of this issue, in case this would append on another site.

If not, you can just mark this post as “resolved”. Let me know.
    (And thanks for that great plugin !)

Hey Photoman,

Unfortunately on some budget host 350MB is big… To get around the limit lots of times you can just add a filter to the uploads directory where allot of your larger files are, create the package move the site then manually FTP those files over this way you can get around any possible timeout limits imposed by the host…

Cheers~

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘500 -Internal Server Error when scanning’ is closed to new replies.