• kaushiktwcs

(@kaushiktwcs)

I am trying to install a fresh worderpress 2.7 in godaddy server. It is just a fresh copy, downloaded and unzipped. I have uploaded it to the server through ftp and then trying to install that. But whenever i am calling through url it is giving an 500 Internal server error. After some googling I got some related problems solved by wp-cache. But i cant find any file like that in total folder. Can any one please help me!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Hi GoDaddy,

I’m also receiving this HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error too often. I’ve even upgraded to the higher package, but the problem remain the same. Have installed the latest WP version. Any solutions for this?

My site : http://malaysiads.com

Thanks in advance!

I, too, am receiving these ‘internal server errors’, doesn’t seem to be with WP, but database connectivity is getting lost, and PHP code breaks at blog section on my website. There must be a permissions issue between WP admin and GD hosting??

…between the two, I’ve been getting these errors while editing my site in Dreamweaver and/or articles on WP, while signed into GD at the same time..don’t think it has any real significance, but I’d be interested to know what are some other people’s open processes or actions at error?

Disconnection only lasts about 5-10 minutes for me, others?

I’m also receiving this HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error too often on GoDaddy hosting. Does GoDaddy have a solution to this?

@malaysiads.com – I don’t see any 500 errors when I visit your site. Can you please provide approximate times the errors are occurring and where on your site you’re seeing them?

@mrmcq and @yoursgs – If you feel comfortable please post your domain. Also, times these errors are occurring, if intermittent.

Our support team is available 24/7 if you need immediate assistance with this – http://www.godaddy.com/community/community.aspx?isc=smfor1&tab=support

@gdhosting
    The website URL is www3.ocimumbio.com. The error occurs frequently every 10-15 mins for a period of 5-10mins.

Hi All – I know it is ever so slightly OFF topic but I host a Joomla site (well – it’s a CMS ain’t it:)) – the site name is http://www.flamineight.co.uk I use Windows IIS7 hosting on GoDaddy and used thier own hosting connection thingy to install Joomla – I face the same problem – periods throughout the day when I get the dreaded 500 error intermittently for 10-15 minutes. I have been in contact with GD support but the support guys online don’t seem to want to look into this in too much depth and I think I am getting the brush off. The last email I got was a one that asked me to explain the problem “IN plain English text” – this is what I wrote:-

I have a hosting account and I host the website http://www.flamineight.co.uk Throughout the day I visit this site and about 3 or 4 times a day I encounter problems. The error seen on the screen is

“500 – Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.”

MOST of the time the site works just fine. I would say 90% of the time. I indicated a time in UTC – if you are a technical person you will know that the internal “clock” on most webservers is set to UTC standing for “Universal Time Coordinated”. The error occured last around 02:27 UTC on 12th January. Your support technician should be able to look into the servers logs, that is a place where the server “writes” down things when a problem occurs, and see what went wrong at that time. If possible to send the logs to me I will look at them myself as I am an engineer who deals with computer servers on a daily basis.

I noticed that there is GD poster on this board – hence my OT posting. I was wondering if this guy could be more helpful than the online support email?

Here’s hoping…….

It just happened again – that is 03:04 UTC or thereabouts…….

I am having same problems. Godaddy rep said, “I hope to be as knowledgeable as you on this some day.” I dont know MUCH! Site is going down all the time, just signed up with interseer to trsck it. ANY post I make now times out and says 500 error. it may post it, may not, msy post as draft.

I have linux unlimited hosting package w/ GD, I checked to see if I had “FastCGI PHP 5.x” or “PHP 5.x” – I have JUST PHP 5.x. In fact, found instructions on GD site on where to change/check this, but it was no longer listed where they said for settings and my rep had not heard of iy nor knew the difference.

He said they “tested” the site and all was fine. I now have a site that loads when it feels like it and that I cannot hardly post to w/o hassle.

very frustrated. had 4 finger joints replaced. am doing this w/ 1 finger and 1 thumb…

restministries.com if anyone has ideas. I also added a htaccess file and cleaned up all my unused plugins; and took anything out installed about the time I started having troubles. Since I’ve been recovering from suegery since 11/4, I had posted daily posts 2-3 mos in advance, so am not sure when it went from irritating to this bad. I updated to latest WP yesterday, didn’t fix problem.

Yeah – I just got the usual brush opff email AGAIN despite pinpointing the time for them – easy deal to look in the freekin logs….. – I am mighty sick of this now. I will be looking for another host.

Now I asked them to review it again and they suggested I modify my web.config file to “display the full error specifically for IIS7 instead of a generic error so you can further troubleshoot the issue”. Has anyone got any odeas on how I can do this?

their latest thing – turn on detailed error reporting in the web.config file – although they don;t and won’t tell you how to do this….anyway – it is turned on now but I am not hopeful that any meaningful error messages will come….

@snadowitz
    Could you let me know how you have enabled the detailed error reporting in web.config file?

@godaddy
    It just happened again at 5.00 AM PST. (www3.ocimumbio.com)

Hi – I added this inside the web.config file

<httpErrors errorMode=”detailed”/>

withing <system.webServer></system.webServer>

However I can tell you it does not work as GD must have it set at the srever level which we cannot influence…..

Hi,

I am getting the same 500 server error on my wordpress site hosted with godaddy. (www.demetsdirani.com)

I am also getting a lot of fatal time outs like

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\5373677\html\wp-content\plugins\qtranslate\qtranslate_wphacks.php on line 23

You might say that qtranslate is the issue but the location of the error changes every 30 seconds.

I think godaddy is the problem, everybody should know…

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server error showing at instalation in Go Daddy server’ is closed to new replies.