I’m getting 500 Internal Server Errors on posts, according to the HTTP Header Check at http://www.webconfs.com/http-header-check.php.
The posts check out ok once if the cache is cleared, but then the error comes back on subsequent reloads of the posts. It goes away if I disable my cache program, W3TC. It doesn’t seem to happen on the home page, or other pages (as opposed to posts) at all.
The posts show up ok (the viewer doesn’t get a ‘500’ error notice), but according to these header-check services, there’s a problem.
It seems to be affecting different things on the site, like social sharing and cron jobs.
I’ve researched this as much as I can, but can’t seem to get a handle on it.
Any help would be most appreciated.
My site is at http://www.humortimes.com.
Have you tried wp-supercache vs w3tc. I had problems in the past with w3tc and found wp-supercahe to work better in my particular environment.
I haven’t, but I’ve been using w3tc for a long time, and this is the first time this has cropped up. I was hoping to find the culprit rather than switch, as I do like w3tc.
This was being caused by varied ownership of folders in the installation. For some reason, when w3tc created new cache folders for the posts, the ownership of those folders would be different than their parent folders, which I had set up the way I wanted them on the server.
I still can’t figure out why they were created that way, but finally relented, and just made the whole installation with the ownership wt3c was using. Now that it is uniform, I’m not having the Internal Server Error problem.
However, now I can’t manipulate files via FTP. I have to do everything by logging into the server itself. It’s a pain, and I wish I could figure out how to make it all harmonize. I’ve researched this extensively, and can’t find any solution. If anyone can help, I’d love to hear it.
Meanwhile, I’m marking this resolved, and have started a new thread re the whole Linux ownership thing.
- The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error on posts’ is closed to new replies.