WordPress.org

Forums

500 Internal Server Error on domain but Dashboard accessible (10 posts)

1. giovanealex
    Posted 9 years ago #

Hi folks

When a tried to access my WordPress blog (seteventos.org), the following error message showed up:

"Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@seteventos.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I asked a friend of mine to access the address and the same error appeared to him. Nevertheless, the WordPress Dashboard and post creation/management is fully functional...so, what is happenning? Did I make something wrong? The only new things I made these days was installing "Jerome's Keywords" plug-in, and adding I was slowly adding some tags on the database and also installing "Poularity Contest" plugin. But even after installing them the blog was accessible. It simply went offline without no apparent reason.

I don't know if it will help, but these are the last lines on the CPANEL Error Log:

"Sat May 20 13:14:54 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/index.php
    [Sat May 20 13:14:54 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/index.php
    [Sat May 20 13:14:38 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/index.php
    [Sat May 20 13:14:38 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/index.php
    [Sat May 20 13:14:17 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/index.php
    [Sat May 20 13:14:17 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/wp-content/plugins/popularity-contest.php
    [Sat May 20 13:11:17 2006] [error] [client 201.34.148.88] Premature end of script headers: /home/setevent/public_html/index.php"

I've already deactived both the plugins I installed but it is still showing the error. Please, can somebody help me? The most intense traffic on my blog is exactly on the weekend. I simply don't know what to do.

Thanks for you attention,

Giovane.

2. giovanealex
    Posted 9 years ago #

Besides, on the complete server log, the last and recurrent errors are:

(...)
    [14-May-2006 14:07:57] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/setevent/public_html/wp-content/themes/wordpresslive1.0/sidebar.php on line 86
    (...)
    [15-May-2006 14:40:32] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/setevent/public_html/wp-content/themes/wordpresslive1.0/sidebar.php on line 43
    (...)
    [15-May-2006 14:58:26] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/setevent/public_html/wp-content/themes/wordpresslive1.0/sidebar.php on line 43
    (...)
    [20-May-2006 13:45:20] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: akpc_most_popular() in /home/setevent/public_html/wp-content/themes/wordpresslive1.0/sidebar.php on line 22

Help me, please!

3. moshu
    Posted 9 years ago #

Did you try to switch to the default or classic theme? Do you get the same error with other themes. too?

4. giovanealex
    Posted 9 years ago #

Yes, moshu, I've already tried that and the error is still there. Shoul I try to reinstall/upgrade WordPress instead?

5. moshu
    Posted 9 years ago #

All the errors you quoted above?
    Hmmm. This one:
    [14-May-2006 14:07:57] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/setevent/public_html/wp-content/themes/wordpresslive1.0/sidebar.php on line 86
    is definitely theme related...

About "Premature end of script headers" I've just posted this:
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/73149?replies=12#post-381950

This error is about a plugin:
    Call to undefined function: akpc_most_popular() in
    (probably deactivated and the call left in the template)

6. giovanealex
    Posted 9 years ago #

I reinstalled and nothing happened. Is it safe to delete the ".htaccess" file? Do I need to rebuild it in some way?

7. giovanealex
    Posted 9 years ago #

I deleted the ".htaccess" and reinstalled it WP. Again, nothing happened. I don't know what to do anymore. Someone can help me, please??

8. moshu
    Posted 9 years ago #

1. No, you did NOT re-install it. You have the wp folders, but all the WP files that should be in the rott directory - are missing!
    2. You have FrontPage extensions on your website; see the possible fixes to make it work with WP:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks
    3. Delete the .htaccess if you wish - but only after restoring your permalink settings to default.

Edit. In the meantime you did another upload...

9. trek7k
    Posted 9 years ago #

My word press blog recently (just a day or two ago) started giving me the same error. I noticed that some of the other scripts I had installed like PHPMyAdmin and MediaWiki also had the same error (yet all my scripts had been working fine for many months).

Edit: I thought I had fixed it (word press worked for a brief moment after I made a change to the php opening tags on index.php) but now it's back to broken. I suspect my host is to blame but many of my other scripts are still working fine. Strange...

10. trek7k
    Posted 9 years ago #

Seems my host had just upgraded to PHP 4.4.2 from 4.3.11 leading to the 500 ISE. They bumped PHP back down to 4.3.11 and everything started working again.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic