• Hi…
    I’m trying to upgrade my 2.0.4 to the latest, but when trying to open http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress , I get a “500 Internal Server Error”.
    The URL is wrong, the correct should be without capital letters, it seems. but the link on the Codex Main_Page is to the capital letter-url

edit: IE (6.0) seems to cope, FF (2.0) throws a fit

Cheers

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • that link works just fine for me, and as far I am aware, its always been capitlaized like that.

This has been discussed here before, and on the wp-forums email list.. As well as the wp-docs email list. As Lloyd (automattic employee) said in the wp-docs post there..

“If the situation does not improve, we will consider moving it to a different server.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Lloyd”

The Codex just has it’s moments..I was just over there after reading your thread, and it was working.. 😉

spencerp

Adding to this quick, I just submitted an email to the wp-docs list about this.

Hopefully something happens soon, so this “500 Internal Server Error” problem goes away.. [Crosses fingers]..

spencerp

To update on this, Lloyd just sent this through the wp-docs list a little while ago..

“Thanks spencerp,

I will start trying to track down the FTP info for the server and
    getting it moved,
    Lloyd”

So, hopefully the Codex will be moved to a better server soon!! YAY!!

spencerp

Huh. Interesting. I’m not having any problem with codex at all – in fact, haven’t done so for about 6 months now.

You might be one of the “lucky” ones then lol. I don’t know, just some times, it gives “us” problems when over there.. I’m not sure why.. but, it does.. =/

spencerp

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘500 internal server error on codex.wordpress.org’ is closed to new replies.