Hello - I am a new user trying to install WordPress on my site at Bluehost using Simplescripts. I will try to outline the exact steps taken and error messages received here and would appreciate any help.
1) In cpanel, go to "Software/Services" and click on WordPress.
2) Click on "Install a brand new version".
3) Select the latest version to install (3.2.1 Stable), create a custom admin name and password, uncheck the Smallbiz and Wiziapp options, click Complete
4) The installation completes and I am given an administrator login URL for WordPress. I click on that link and get this:
HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
Detailed Error Information
Error Code 0x800703e9
Requested URL http://localhost:50080/wp-admin
Physical Path C:\Websites\Park Your Domain\CmsWeb\wp-admin
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
6) I googled the problem and tried following the steps presented in this thread: https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/449 to no avail.
7) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling WordPress several times with different php configurations, none of them have worked.
I am totally new to this and not sure what to do, if this problem is specific to Bluehost/Simplescript or more general. I thought the whole point of Simplescript was to have easy one-click installations...