• I upgraded to WordPress 2.6.2 on my blog http://tattoo.infmom.net, using the automatic-upgrade plugin. Ever since then, any attempt to read comments on any post results in a 500 internal server error.

I have looked through the messages here and haven’t seen any way to fix this and I’ve been round the barn with 1&1 (my web host) tech support. They insist that it’s a WordPress error, even though the last time I had the dreaded 500 internal server error problem, they fixed it by monkeying with the memory and .htaccess.

Today, I reinstalled WordPress the old-fashioned way, by deleting the files that were there and replacing them with the new version. All attempts to read comments on any post on the blog still result in a 500 internal server error. I have tried to insist that the web host is where the problem lies, but they keep telling me it’s a WordPress problem.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone who knows more about this subject than I do. I’m at the end of my rope here.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I had this problem too. I found a website which recommended creating a file called “php.ini” (without quotes) and placing it in the wp-admin directory of your website. Inside the file put: “memory = 20MB” (without the quotes).

This worked for me.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘500 internal server error — comments’ is closed to new replies.