[Resolved] 500 Internal server error after server move
I had to move a WP website from one server to another. The URL stayed the same and I tried to follow the steps listed in the official documentation:
– I took a backup of the database via PhpMyadmin
– I backed up the web files via FTP
– I imported the database onto the new server
– I uploaded the web files and directories (as far as I can tell all permissiona are correct)
– I edited wp-config.php to reflect the new database details
Nameservers have switched and now the website just shows a 500 error.
I have no access to the admin either.
I connected by FTP as the main user for the account and found that it has no permission to delete or rename any of the folders.
When I uploaded the files originally, I was signed on via SSH as the root user for the server (because the domain was not active yet), so I’m wondering if that’s the problem.
Do I need to delete all the files again and upload them as a regular FTP user for things to work, or has this nothing to do with it?
I’m confused, any help would be appreciated.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] 500 Internal server error after server move’ is closed to new replies.