Support » Plugin: Yoast SEO » 500 Internal Server Error after last update

• Resolved herick09

(@herick09)

After update my Yoast SEO to the last version I got the “500 Internal Server Error” in my website. I don’t know what else I can do. I’ve already deleted the .htacess page, I’ve already increased the memory of my wordpress pluggin to 128 M, I’ve already uninstalled and re-installed the Yoast Seo… Nothing works.

When I delete the .htacess, the home works, but when I click to other links an 404 error message appears.

I’m really worried because I’ve already read a lot of articles and I can’t identify my problem.

Can someone help me ?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by herick09.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter herick09

(@herick09)

my website is http://www.alternativafc.com.br

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by herick09.

I’m also experiencing this with Yoast SEO version 3.5 . After upgrading to 3.5 I got the 500 Internal Server Error and could not access the website or WordPress at all (not even the login page). I logged in via SFTP and disabled each plugin one by one and narrowed it down to the Yoast 3.5 plugin. I downgraded back down to 3.4.2 and the 500 Internal Server error went away. There seems to be an issue or conflict with version 3.5

Not having this issue on my test site where I updated SEO to ver 3.5 but I used to have the 500 errors quite often and after trying all the mentioned items with zero results the one item that finally solved it for me was adding “apc.shm_size = 64M” in the php5.ini file. Again this was not specific to SEO plugin but may assist with the 500 server issue. This was on a GoDaddy shared hosting server.

I figured out why I was getting the 500 Internal Server error on my website with the Yoast 3.5 update. There were two other plugins installed that were having unrelated issues (they needed to be reinstalled because they got messed up somehow during a remote update with MainWP. Basically, they were appearing on the server but not in the back end). After I got those issues worked out, the Yoast 3.5 update installed correctly without the 500 Internal Server error. @herick09 – try disabling your other plugins before installing the 3.5 update and see if the error still occurs.

Hi,

i tired this but my XML sitemap is having problems still:

1- If you go into wordpress -> settings and update your permalinks by just saving this fixed the issue of the 500 error and the news posts worked again but my XML shows a 404.
    2 – Also I can change the XML posts from 1000 to 500, this fixed the XML but brought back the 500 error :{.
    I have a fix for one but not the other.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Ace_Eca.
    Plugin Support amboutwe

(@amboutwe)

This thread has been marked as resolved due to lack of activity by original poster.

If you are not the original poster but have a similar issue, please open a new request.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error after last update’ is closed to new replies.