WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » [Resolved] 500 Internal Server Error after changing Permalinks

[Resolved] 500 Internal Server Error after changing Permalinks

• I was fiddling with a download manager plugin, trying to find a decent one. Within the plugin I was able to change the URL that is shown publicly for each downloadable file.

I changed the URL to what I wanted the prefix to be and clicked Save.

The plugin then asked me to go into Settings -> Permalinks and resave the Permalinks page.

I clicked Save on the Permalinks page and then got kicked off the site completely. Everytime I try visiting my website now I get the horrible 500 Internal Server Error.

I have tried deleting the plugin via FTP. I have tried Importing a backup of my database through PHPmyadmin. But still, I cannot seem to get my head around this.

If anyone has experienced this before, or knows a fix I would be very greatful if you could let me know!!

Thank you

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Using ftp go delete the .htaccess file which is at site root.
    Or just rename it to htaccess.old in case you want to keep it.

Done exactly what you mentioned about 20 minutes ago.
    I renamed the .htaccess file to .htaccess_old and its working fine now! Thanks anyway!

Hi, the same thing happened to me. I changed the permalinks to “post name” and the error happened. I switched the back, but it didn’t work or something else went wrong. I tried renaming the .htaccess file, but so far that has not worked. Is there any other advice you can offer? The site is http://www.orlandoconcertband.org.

Thank you!

esmi

@esmi

Forum Moderator

@kristinstewart: As per the Forum Welcome, please post your own topic. Posting in an existing, 9 month old, topic prevents us from being able to track issues by topic. Added to which, your problem – despite any similarity in symptoms – is likely to be completely different.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 500 Internal Server Error after changing Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar