WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » 500 Internal Server Error – after 2 days of down server

500 Internal Server Error – after 2 days of down server

• My word press worked with no problem till my website went down because I had forgotten to renew my contract with the host, and when they re-activated the host, I get that message for all the pages I had on my wordpress, I cant enter word press control panel either.

I hope some one can help me find a solution :/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • This is almost certainly a server configuration problem, or a DNS problem. Have you asked your host?

It would be weird for them to alter your files on a suspension. And if they did alter anything, ask them what.

A 500 Internal Server Error normally relates to a problem with your htaccess file.

A 500 Internal Server Error normally relates to a problem with your htaccess file.

Typically, yes, it does. I’m not sure why suspending the site would alter that file though. That is why I suggested asking the host. I don’t like the idea of blindly ‘fixing’ without knowing what happened to break things.

yeah, it was weird to me, too
    but apparently they had done something wrong, and they didn’t know what they had done, dumb people work there, but after a week they could fix it, they told me there was some problems with access to some files, I believe after i renewed my contract, they moved my site to another server, cuz the control panel looks different from the one I had before the contract renew.

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error – after 2 days of down server’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar