Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author David Gewirtz

(@dgewirtz)

Usually that sort of relatively generic error is a permissions or .htaccess error. One easy trick is to go to the Permalinks page on the dashboard and simply hit Save. This updates your settings and can sometimes clear things out.

–David

Hi,

I did what you recommended and then follow those instructions (http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/) try to rename .htaccess file, increase the memory etc. But the problem is I am getting this error when I activate the plugin and when I deactivate it the website is normal again. This means that is a conflict between my theme and the plugin? Do you think I can do something more from my end? What else can I check?

Thank you!
    -Marianna

Plugin Author David Gewirtz

(@dgewirtz)

I’ll tell you what I would do in this situation, but I don’t know if it’s easy for you to do. Whenever I have a wonky behavior and I can’t tell if it’s the host or the WordPress configuration, I do a fresh WordPress install, then just install the plugin, and see if there are errors.

If there are no errors, then I assume it’s something about the config. If there are errors right away, then it’s likely something to do with the host. I then add one variable at a time to the mix to see what happens and if something breaks.

In your case, the three very broad categories are something to do with your host, a conflict with a plugin, or a conflict with a theme. But given that there are so many copies of this out there, it’s most likely something to do with your configuration at your host.

–David

Thank you, I will try to follow your steps.

What I did is that I turned debugging on and this is what I get on the debug.log

[10-Sep-2015 14:34:13 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()

instead.

Is this helpful at all?

-Marianna

It says: Use

__construct()

instead

Hi,

I made another test for the plugin. I deactivated all the plugins on my website, then activated the multiple themes plugin, and then activate one by one my plugins to see if there is a conflict. What may cause the “Internal Server error” message is a conflict between Coursepress pro and multiple themes. When I activate Coursepress pro or multiple themes, but not the 2 of them together, the website is working properly.

Do you have any info about Coursepress pro conflict with multiple themes?

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Author David Gewirtz

(@dgewirtz)

Sorry about the delayed response. I was away on a family emergency.

So, the __construct() item is a change that does need to be made at some point. As for the other, no, I don’t have experience with Coursepress. Once you start adding themes, things get a little insane, especially if you’re using complex plugins or theme.

–David

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal server error’ is closed to new replies.