• Logged into one of my sites recently wp-admin, updated a couple plugins, clicked to update wordpress and after a minute or two it went right to this internal server error message (below). The problem website right now is a subdomain in my hosting account, there is another subdomain website that is working perfectly fine though I haven’t tried updates on it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have searched on the forums and I have tried the following items:

1. Disabling all plugins via these 2 steps:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troubleshooting#How_to_deactivate_all_plugins_when_not_able_to_access_the_administrative_menus.3F

2. Tried renaming the theme folder to “enigma.old”

I have tried to re-load the page after each change and the same error persists. The ONLY item in the error log in the root directory for this site is old (from April):

[07-Apr-2015 17:39:13 UTC] PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/abc123/public_html/mywebsite.com/wp-content/themes/enigma/functions.php on line 235

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@mywebsite.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Thread Starter gawkgawk

(@gawkgawk)

Made this change and it worked…. I don’t understand it…..

Find your .HTACCESS file on your server. It is a hidden file so make sure your FTP client (I use filezilla) can view hidden files. Open up the file in your text editor and add the following line after the line # END WORDPRESS.

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.