Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thread Starter antonio nardelli

(@antonio-nardelli)

sorry i’m not sure the problem is Relate Post. I’m having errors

Hi!
    What kind of problems are they?

Thanks
    Rok

WPChina

(@wordpresschina)

Had this error too just now on 2 sites. Deactivating plugin worked to clear it out.

Here is what I see:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wp_rp_init_zemanta() (previously declared in /www/site.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts/wp_related_posts.php:37) in /www/site.com/wp-content/plugins/related-posts-by-zemanta/zemanta_related_posts.php on line 41

Hey,

it seems you have more than one of our plugins installed and activated at the same time, e.g. Related Posts and Related Posts by Zemanta.
    Please deactivate one of them, this should solve the problem.

@wpchina
    Thanks, this error message was very helpful.

WPChina

(@wordpresschina)

Yes you are correct 😉 Ok, deleted one of them now.

Yes this is sort of confusing. When Zemanta acquired the plugin I saw some details and it seemed like only 1 plugin was available, but somehow there was a link somewhere for our admins to also download the Zemanta one… a little confusing but I’m glad it’s solved now. By the ay, we;ve had both of those plugins running together for at least a few months and it was not until today that this error occurred. Weird?

Actually it is not that weird 🙂

Today we added some functionality to Related Posts by Zemanta plugin that clashes with similar functionality in our other plugin. I’m guessing you upgraded today…
    The issue only appears if both plugins are active. We’re aware of this and we’ll fix it in one of our next releases.

WPChina

(@wordpresschina)

Ah ok makes sense 🙂 Yes we definitely upgraded. we manage a very large network of different WP sites and some admins sometimes upgrade without sandbox plugins first 🙁

WPChina

(@wordpresschina)

Sh*t. I am uninstalling this plugin from dozens of sites. Just upgraded and it overwrote the settings Ialready had. We use ManageWP to update plugins, so there is no way in hell we are going to now manually go back through and fix these things. These plugins used to be very good and in the past year or so they have gone to sh*t. I would gladly pay for a plugin that worked. Sorry to moan about a free plugin, but the same issues arise, and today is the day we end this. I don;t care enough to write anymore.

Hey WPChina,

thanks for reaching out! We are really sorry to hear this and we understand that it’s frustrating, but we thoroughly tested this “settings being overwritten” issue (and are now wondering what we’re missing)!

We have also installed ManageWP and tested it with installing, updating our plugin(s) and (un)fortunately our settings (e.g. custom CSS) don’t get overwritten.

Is it possible to get a screenshot of your installed plugins?

Let us know, since we’re really eager to get this sorted once and for all! Bear in mind that our intentions were nothing but the best, which is why we’re looking forward to any additional feedback we can get!

Take care and enjoy the weekend,
    Petra

WPChina

(@wordpresschina)

At least 3 things were overwritten:

1) "Auto Insert Related Posts (or add <?php wp_related_posts()?> to your single post template) "

That gets checked by default. This is not the first time an update has done this. So when using the php code, this is placed twice on each post page.

We host and manage very very large WP sites on multiple locations and multiple boxes. All have this problem. So it’s easy to replicate.

From your perspective, I understand you want to have this “Auto Insert Related Posts” checked already so it helps new users. But it overrides changes for hundreds or thousands of installed users.

2) “Related Posts Title” puts a title back in there even though we deleted it already and left it blank.

3) Also the “Number of Posts” gets overridden.

WPChina

(@wordpresschina)

Btw, when visiting http://www.zemanta.com right now get a “502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.7.0” error.

Hey,

thanks for getting back to me! Once again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. But like I mentioned, unfortunately we can’t replicate the issue on our side, so I would like to kindly ask you for a screenshot of your installed plugins (we would like to test them with our plugin), so that we can avoid this “overwriting issue” happening in the future. Also, a link to any of your blogs would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply,
    Petra

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.